I have added comments in the code to explain what it does.
This app is the base code of my own app called DroidPapers.
Updated 22 may 2013
- Changed panel behavior to the official Google style presented at Google I/O 2013.
Updated 23 may 2013- Changed app to remove the blink issue (meta viewport). App now functions without blinking.
Updated 29 juni 2013- Added tablet view support.
- Improved Holo colors.
- Added to GitHub public repo now (click here).
- All future updates can be found on GitHub.
GoalMy goal with this example app is to have some sort of a template to make a new app very fast, based on the technologies supplied by PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile, using web-technology.
- Suitable for Android 2.3.3 and higher. API level 10 and up to be more technical :).
- PhoneGap 2.7.0.
- jQuery 1.9.1
- jQuery Mobile 1.3.1
- Holo theme. Dark, light with dark header and light with light header. The last one isn't very worked out yet, but it should give you a heads up start. The header features the same style as a native app including press effects.
- Of course the use of the plugins Share and Toast.
- Native Android like back-button behavior.
- Supplied Gimp image files (xcf files) to easy edit the icons to your liking.
Check out this example web-app of jpHolo through a website.
Screenshots of the interface
Additional info about the platforms
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.